Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Butter Beer

For Sarah's dinner I also made butter beer to have after [Harry Potter reference for those who don't know]. I trawled through a load of different recipes and eventually decided to just go my own way with it and take the four most common ingredients: cream soda, vanilla ice cream, butterscotch syrup/flavouring and salted butter. No one knows truly how it's meant to taste!


I melted the butter in the pan then added the ice cream until melted, then the butterscotch and eventually the cream soda and served immediately. However, if you are going to try this DON'T do it this way! Because I added cold ice cream to the hot melted butter it re-solidified and so took a while to melt again. I would put the ice cream in the pan until melted and then heat the butter in the microwave until runny before adding it to the mixture. This way it won't take ages. The froth came naturally, I did give it a bit of a whisk with a milk frother but it didn't do too much - adding the fizzy cream soda really makes the froth grow.



It was very nice but sickly sweet so no one could manage more than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment