Pages

Friday 28 October 2011

Pheasant and Lentils Recipe

As promised in my last post, here is my recipe for pheasant and lentils. The recipe would work well with any other game or even other meats such as beef. To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the actual pheasant and will try it with something else next time. Apologies for the bad pictures - I had to use my phone as I didn't have my camera on me.



Pheasant with lentils
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 Pheasant breasts
100g red lentils
2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
1 onion
1 rasher back bacon/2 rashers streaky bacon
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
2 tbsp beef gravy granules
Boiling water
Salt and pepper

To begin with, cook your lentils according to instructions (around 15 minutes). Pan fry your pheasant breasts around 6 minutes until just cooked and then remove them from the pan. Finely chop your onion and cut up the bacon and add them to the pan with a splash of  oil. Add the chopped tomatoes and the dried herbs after your onions have softened. Cover the mixture with boiling water (I used water from the lentils) then immediately add your gravy granules and mix in well. Finally add the tomato ketchup, mix well and put your pheasant breasts back in. Season and leave to simmer for at least 10 minutes. When the water has just about gone, add the lentils and simmer a few more minutes until the consistency is right for you. Serve immediately. 



Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment